Chocolate Cream Cheese Scone Hearts
Servings: 8-10 large scones
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup evaporated cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon non-aluminum baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup GO Veggie! Classic Plain Dairy Free Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a large bowl whisk together flours, sugar, sea salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder until uniform.
Cut in vegan butter and GO Veggie! Classic Plain Dairy Free Cream Cheese with a pastry whisk or fork until mixture appears crumbly.
Add vanilla extract and almond milk. Mix until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
Gather dough into a ball and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a 1⁄2-inch-thick square. Cut into hearts with a cookie cutter.
Place hearts greased baking sheet or pizza stone and brush with maple syrup. Bake for about 18-20 minutes. Serve with additional GO Veggie! Classic Plain Cream Cheese. Recipe by Spork Foods