1. Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Stir in a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook 15-20 minutes, or until soft. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot.
2. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Add the cabbage, green onion, and almond milk; stir with a sturdy wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in the cheese; season with salt and pepper.
3. Chill the mashed potatoes for at least 15 minutes. Stir in the flour and egg.
4. Use a medium cookie scoop (2 tablespoons) to divide the potato mixture. Form into patties about ½ inch thick.
5. Heat a thin layer of oil in a nonstick skillet. Add several potato cakes, working in batches if needed, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp
6. Blot off excess oil with a towel and transfer to a cooling rack set over a cookie sheet. Serve hot.Recipe by Healthy Delicious