1. Cut each pineapple slice in half. Preheat a large dry nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the pineapple slices and cook until slightly softened and browned in spots, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the pineapple to a plate.
2. Spread 1 teaspoon butter on 1 side of each slice of bread.
3. Place 4 slices of bread (butter side down) on a cutting board. Spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese on top of each, and then top each with 3 slices of caramelized pineapple and 2 slices of mozzarella cheese. Place the remaining slices of bread on top (butter side up).
4. Grill the sandwiches in a large skillet (or on a griddle) over low heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden on both sides.
5. For the honeyed walnuts, add the walnuts, honey, and enough water to slightly thin it out to small saucepan. Bring up to a simmer over medium heat and cook 1 minute.
6. To serve, transfer each sandwichRecipe by An Edible Mosaic