Cream Cheese Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Posted: October 24th, 2012
Servings: about 16 cookies
- ¼ cup non-hydrogenated vegan butter
- ½ cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup GO Veggie! Classic Plain Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon finely grated nutmeg
- ¾ cup organic all-purpose un-bleached flour
- ¼ cup organic whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup GO Veggie! Classic Plain Cream Cheese, for topping
Preheat oven to 350°
Cream together vegan butter and sugar, until smooth, either in a standing mixer or mix by hand using a pastry whisk. Add vanilla extract, cream cheese alternative, pumpkin, and maple syrup and blend until smooth. Add sea salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Mix until ingredients are uniform, about 1 minute.
Add flours. Whisk until mixture is uniform. The dough should be soft and pliable.
Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Scoop cookie mixture, using a tablespoon-sized ice cream scoop on to cookie sheet. Spread out about an inch apart.
Bake for about 24 minutes, rotating once.
Let the cookies cool on a cookie sheet for about 7-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For presentation, place ½ cup GO Veggie! Classic Plain Cream Cheese in a piping bag with a star tip. Create a small cream cheese swirl on each cookie before serving.